Without a public house in the Ward, the Nork Social Club offers a very comfortable way to spend an evening. It is open every night of the week and also Saturday and Sunday evenings. There is a pleasant relaxed atmosphere, with a bar serving wine, spirits & a good selection of fine beers, for consumption on or off the premises.
A garden is situated at the rear with access to the children’s playground. There are two dart areas, a pool table and Sky television on a large screen. Special entertainment nights are arranged at weekends with singers, musicians and dancing. Children’s Easter and Christmas parties are also arranged. Small parties for members can be catered for with larger functions taking place in the larger main hall. Subscription is only £20 per annum.
The main hall is where most other activities take place with weddings, meetings and other functions enjoying the benefit of a kitchen, large stage area with changing rooms and another adjoining smaller hall with its own bar area. Current activities include:
- Kiwis Playgroup & Pre-School takes place every week day for children up to 5 years of age, giving a fun environment where they can learn and grow so providing that essential confidence before starting school. Full Ofsted registered and approved.
- Ladies Badminton is a small group of ladies who play on Tuesday afternoon and always welcome new members. There is another Ladies Badminton group who meet up early evening on Wednesdays
- Mixed Badminton meet up on Wednesday evenings and always welcome new members who know the rules and can play to a reasonable standard. They invariably vacate to the bar at 10p.m.
- Banstead & Nork Operatic Society use the hall and stage on Tuesday and Thursday evenings to rehearse and perform.
- Weight Watchers meet early evening on a Tuesday for those wanting to lose a few pounds and inches.
- Zumba is a mix of Latin and international music fused together to create a party of a workout on a Sunday morning, 10.30-11.00am.
- Pilates can help to reduce back pain, rehabilitate injuries, improve posture, increase mobility & flexibility, strengthen core and pelvic floor. Enjoy this on Monday evenings, 07.30pm beginners and 8.30pm mixed ability.
- Slimming World are doing their thing on Thursday evenings at 5.30pm with advice on diet and a good support group with a great family atmosphere.
- Nifty 50s are a dance and fitness group designed as the name implies for men and women over fifty and are moving around like teenagers every Monday and Thursday afternoon.
- Didi Dance who meet up on Thursday afternoons is for our younger under fives and incorporate fun and movement to music.
- Piloxing uniquely blends power, speed, and agility of boxing with the beautiful sculpting and flexibility of Pilates. It is a fat torching, muscle sculpting, core-centric interval workout, guaranteed to whip you into shape every Sunday Morning 09.30-10.30am.
The details of the activities and contact details are on the Association website, norkcommunityassociation.co.uk.